Monday, June 2, 2014

(More) Exchanges with Emma!

Emma (from Emma's Bloglet) and I decided to have another exchange! We had one last summer and we both enjoyed it so much we thought we'd do it again. This time, we each picked a color for our package.

Emma picked red, so I set out to find some red goodies. I found this great cherry biscornu pattern on Rainburst Embroidery. I stitched on 14-count Aida and added tiny red buttons:


I wanted to add another make, so I found a pattern on Stitches & Crosses Marijke for a sweet scissor fob. I stitched on 14-count Aida again with DMC 115 and finished it biscornu-style around the edges.


I included some more red goodies: a pre-finished red heart to cross-stitch on, red wooden buttons, some hibiscus tea (very common in the Middle East - we call it karkaday - and it's very, very red), and a Dubai souvenir apron.

And this is what Emma sent me:


She actually went on my 1-2-3 Stitch wishlist and bought me this Prairie Schooler pattern I had my eye on. Isn't that sweet? Also in the package were some gummy candy, a Durham tea towel, a little blue frame, and a pretty needle minder. She stuck in some interfacing, too, when she saw my post about finishing up my Melon Wedge and not knowing where to get any.

She made me a beautiful pillow with a butterfly done in black-work (actually blue-work). Here's a closeup:


Looking forward to doing this again next summer, Emma! :D

12 comments:

KimM said...

Your stitching is so sweet. What wonderful, thoughtful gifts from both of you to each other.
xxx

Isabella Morais said...

The butterfly is just gorgeous!
Lovely swap!

cucki said...

Sweet swap
So cute
Hugs x

Mii Stitch said...

Thoughtful gifts from both of you!! A lovely exchange ;)

Wendy said...

that biscornu you made is beautiful! I love the blackwork butterfly you received too.

Linda said...

Lovely exchange gifts Sarah.

Linda

Ariadne Skyrianidou said...

Lovely exchange!The butterfly cushion looks lovely!AriadnefromGreece!

Anne said...

Beautiful biscornu you made for her Sarah!! I love the red theme :D The tea sounds delish...we are just about out of the mint tea you gave us. Hubby has been drinking it up...grrrr!! Love the little butterfly bluework pillow she made for you. Blackwork is so delicate and lace like. Hugs to you :D

Chris said...

Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog.. your stitching is absolutely gorgeous.
Chris x

Penny said...

Love the pieces you made for Emma! The red is so pretty. You received some lovely things as well. :)

Emma Louise Brown said...

I'm glad you liked it and I certainly look forward to doing another one next summer! x

Denise said...

The Biscornu that you stitched is very cute! Looks like a fun exchange!
Happy Stitching
Denise