Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Another Amazing Exchange with Emma

Emma (from Emma's Bloglet) and I had our annual summer exchange, and it was awesome as usual! She very sweetly agreed to move it earlier so we could receive our packages before I left. The theme was favorite seasons, and Emma chose summer, so this is what I sent her:


This is Little House Needlework's Summer Garden, stitched on a 28-count evenweave. I changed the colors of the flowers to make it more vibrant, added a few buttons, and finished it off as a pillow with some sweet purple fabric and bits of lace. I sent her a cute little knitted bunny, too:


I had to include some extra goodies, of course: the July 2015 issue of Cross-Stitcher magazine, some GAST and DMC floss, some antique wooden spools, a selection of teas, and a Camel Company notebook. I've been so busy these days I forgot to take a picture of it all, but Emma put one up on her blog.

And this is what she sent me:


I chose winter as my favorite season, and Emma made me this sweet pillow. It's Winter Friends from The Snowflower Diaries. Isn't it perfect? She also sent a little tea towel from Portugal, where she spent her summer, and a sweet gift for the baby! I haven't opened the card yet, I'm saving it for when I get back :D


And more goodies! She's very generously sent me SamSarah's Fresh Apple chart (so perfect - I've already finished the watermelon and the strawberry from this series!) and Hands On Design's January (which I've been admiring for a while!), some gorgeous Artesano yarn, blue beads, and a postcard.

Thank you so much, Emma! I feel completely spoiled. Love having exchanges with this girl!

Well, that's all from me for a while. We leave to Jordan on Friday morning for the first part of the wedding tour. Don't know if I'll have access to the Internet while I'm there, so I'm not sure when you'll hear from me next. I'll be running around tomorrow doing last-minute errands and frantically trying to pack for the next five months.

Wish me luck!

15 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh what fantastic gifts! You two really were thoughtful.
Take care while traveling.

Heather said...

Aww that's such a great gift! I bet you're excited to stitch on your new goodies!

Gabriella said...

Fantastic gifts :-) Ciao

Emma Louise Brown said...

This is a daft admission but I always get a bit teary when I read that you enjoy our exchanges and like what I've sent you, it makes my day!

Enjoy your trip!

KimM said...

What lively, thoughtful gifts. Safe journeys
Hugs
Xxx

Linda said...

Lovely exchange gifts Sarah.

Linda

Brigitte said...

Oh my, Sarah, what a delightful exchange this was. The two seasonal pillows are gorgeous.
I hope you will have a wonderful trip to all the places that you will visit.

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

What a delightful exchange! I love how your finished your sweet little pillow!

Ariadne said...

A great exchange!And have fun the next five months!!!!AriadnefromGreece!

Wendy said...

Good luck! I hope you have a wonderful time

Justine said...

What beautiful gifts! I love how you finished the summer pillow with those sweet buttons. Have a good trip (five months?!)

Kaisievic said...

You are travelling for five months? Wow! Have lots of fun!

Kaisievic said...

Sorry, so overwhelmed by your lengthy trip that I forgot to say how gorgeous your swap items are - both given and received! A wonderful swap!

Sheryl S. said...

lovely swap, such pretty work. Have a great trip.

Anne said...

Beautiful exchange pieces! Oh how I wish I had some time to do some but I wouldn't trade my time with my son for anything... Just would be nice to etchout more hours in the day. Hugs! Your little one should be coming soon!