Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Kindness Sheep Update 2

Well, the Little Sheep Virtues SAL is supposed to be a weekly check-in, but I completely forgot to take a picture last week! So instead of 200 stitches, this is Kindness at 300 stitches:


I finished the bark of the tree, stitched the word "Kindness," and started the border along the bottom. A lot of brown at the moment!


I've decided I want to try to make a quilt for my son by his second birthday. I knitted him a baby blanket before he was born:


I knitted this with three balls of Nako Jelibon, if anyone would like to know, and it's 30x30 inches. And it's been warm and snuggly and fits him just fine, but he's growing so much that he's definitely going to need something bigger by the end of the year! So after spending the last few days looking online at all the little boy quilt fabric options, I finally ordered some. I can't wait for it to get here! Will keep you guys posted.

Whoops! Almost forgot - if you haven't signed up for my awesome 5th-blogoversary giveaway yet, you can do so here. There's a chance for two people to win!

Lots of love,

12 comments:

Linda said...

Nice progress Sarah.

Linda

FlashinScissors said...

Lovely stitching, Sarah! Cute blanket! I'm looking forward to seeing the quilt!
Barbara x

Tiffstitch said...

Beautiful stitching and gorgeous blanket!

Brigitte said...

Nice progress on your Sheep Virtues piece.
This blanket for your son looks so cozy but you are right, they are growing so fast that they soon need something bigger. Looking forward to seeing the fabrics that you ordered for a new quilt.

Mii Stitch said...

Great little stitching update Sarah!

Julie said...

A lovely blanket, it does look cosy

Penny said...

Kindness is coming along nicely! I've been surprised at how long it takes me to stitch the borders. Even though they aren't complicated, they seem to take me forever. : ) I'm sure your little boy has been quite cozy in his blanket and look forward to seeing the quilt fabrics you chose.

Barb said...

The blanket is just so warm looking, I loved doing the sheep virtues set, you seem to get so much done and with a little one too. Look forward to seeing your next post and the new quilt you are planning on doing.

Emma Louise said...

Looking forward to watching his new blanket grow, plenty of updates please :)

Kaisievic said...

Great progress, Sarah, and I do love your baby blanket.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great progress on the Virtue and a lovely snuggley blanket. I got to cuddle two babies this morning, one is only a week old!

Heather said...

Cute progress I can't believe he's already almost? 2!